過去式：named 過去分詞：named 現在分詞：naming
- 1. 名字 what is your name? 你叫甚麼名字？ my name is Anne (Jones) 我叫安妮（·瓊斯）
- 2. 辱罵 to call sb. names 辱罵某人 he called her some terrible/all sorts of names 他對她大加／肆意辱罵
- 3. 名聲 a good/bad name 好／壞名聲 his name stinks in literary circles 他在文壇臭名昭著
- 4. 名人 a big/famous/top name in sth. 某領域內的頭面／著名／頂級人物
- 1. 為…取名 they named the baby Andrew 他們為嬰兒取名叫安德魯 a baby named Andrew 一個名叫安德魯的嬰兒
- 2. 說出…的名字 to name all the emperors of China 說出中國歷代皇帝的名字 she can quote from any author you care to name 你隨便提一位作家，她都能引用他的話
- 3. 確定…的姓名 he's been named as a suspect in the robbery 他被定為這起搶劫案的嫌疑人 the journalist refused to name his sources 記者拒絕說出其消息來源
- 4. 提名 to name sb. (as) sth. 提名某人作為 to name sb. for sth. 提名某人獲得
- 5. 說定 name your price 你開個價吧 to name the day 確定婚期
複合形 (combining form)
- 1. …提到的 the firstname 第一個提到的
1. a word or set of words by which a person or thing is known, addressed, or referred to
2. a famous person
3. a reputation, especially a good one
4. give a name to
5. identify correctly by name
(1) I named my cat after a famous cartoon cat on TV.= My cat was named...3) I named my cat Felex. = My cat was named Felex. 改被動 to name something after something是第一句主要動詞name的用法...
.... Martin John Smith Martin first name John middle name Smith last name (family name, surname) 通常都會稱呼...
... a joke with a meaning for prostitute, theyare definitely wrong. The name “Scarlett” was of Old French meaning...