- existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind；(of fabric) having a color characteristic of the unbleached and undyed state; off-white.
- a person regarded as having an innate gift or talent for a particular task or activity；a thing that is particularly suited for something
noun: natural, plural noun: naturals
- 1. existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind carrots contain a natural antiseptic that fights bacteria natural disasters such as earthquakes
- ▪ (of fabric) having a color characteristic of the unbleached and undyed state; off-white.
- 2. of or in agreement with the character or makeup of, or circumstances surrounding, someone or something sharks have no natural enemies
- ▪ (of a person) born with a particular skill, quality, or ability he was a natural entertainer 同義詞
- ▪ (of a skill, quality, or ability) coming instinctively to a person; innate writing appears to demand muscular movements that are not natural to children 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a person or their behavior) relaxed and unaffected; spontaneous he replied with too much nonchalance to sound natural 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ occurring as a matter of course and without debate; inevitable Ken was a natural choice for coach 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of law or justice) based on innate moral sense; instinctively felt to be right and fair you might feel that holding the teacher responsible for the results contravenes natural justice
- 3. (of a parent or child) related by blood such adopted children always knew who their natural parents were
- ▪ archaic illegitimate the Baron left a natural son by his mistress 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (of a note) not sharped or flatted the bassoon plays G-natural instead of A-flat
- ▪ (of a brass instrument) having no valves and able to play only the notes of the harmonic series above a fundamental note.
- ▪ relating to the notes and intervals of the harmonic series.
- 5. relating to earthly or unredeemed human or physical nature as distinct from the spiritual or supernatural realm.
- 6. (of a bid) straightforwardly reflecting one's holding of cards his bid of one heart was natural and positive
- 1. a person regarded as having an innate gift or talent for a particular task or activity she was a natural for the sort of television work required of her
- ▪ a thing that is particularly suited for something perky musical accompaniment would seem a natural for this series
- 2. a sign (♮) denoting a natural note when a previous sign or the key signature would otherwise demand a sharp or a flat.
- ▪ a natural note.
- ▪ any of the longer keys on a keyboard instrument that are normally white.
- 3. a creamy beige color color for the summer is defined by the trend towards naturals
- 4. (in a gambling game) a combination or score that immediately wins.
- ▪ a hand of two cards making 21 in the first deal in blackjack and similar games.
- ▪ a first throw of 7 or 11 at craps.
- 5. an insect or other small creature used as bait, rather than an artificial imitation.
- 6. archaic a person born with a learning disability.
- 1. informal, dialect naturally keep walking—just act natural
Natural fluctuations in wind power production will be balanced in future by a next-generation accumulator to be ...這裡加上s把這個起伏具體化, 講的是由風力產生的電能起起伏伏. 而這樣的起伏是由大自然所引起的. 所以前面加上 natural. balance是平衡的意思, be balanced 就是被平衡, 因為前面提到了 fluctuations, 所以後面的 be ...
...good natual buzz giving money to strangers, it turns out. "natural buzz" means "自然狀態的陶醉" 事實證明，拿錢給陌生人你...
natural 型容詞(adj.) 自然的 天然的......... 意思很多 會不會是要強調料質天然呢 p.s.warm natural 暖色系 參考看看吧