- (of a place or thing) arranged in an orderly, tidy way；(of a person) habitually tidy, well groomed, or well organized
- 1. (of a place or thing) arranged in an orderly, tidy way:
the books had been stacked up in neat piles
- 2. (of a person) habitually tidy, well groomed, or well organized:
her daughter was always neat and clean
- 3. having a pleasing shape or appearance; well formed or regular:
Alan noted down the orders in his neat, precise script
- 4. done with or demonstrating skill or efficiency:
Howard's neat, precise tackling
- 5. tending to disregard specifics for the sake of convenience; slick or facile:
this neat division does not take into account a host of associated factors
- 6. (of liquid, especially liquor) not diluted or mixed with anything else:
he drank neat Scotch
- 7. very good or pleasant; excellent:
it was really neat seeing the city
neat 和 cool 也有「新奇」的意思.neat book指新奇和值得看的書 2006-02-20 16:25:40 補充： "Check out those...
It's the only neat thing to do. neat 在美式英文的口語，可指 very nice or pleasant (很好的；很令人開心的)例...正想出門透透氣，加上他自己也喜歡和狗狗玩，所以這時他就可以說 That’s the only neat thing to do!
...它辯解/辯護? 2. How did the party go? It is really neat. “neat"在美式英語中有“美妙"pleasant，"很好"very nice...