- the fact of being required or indispensable；unavoidability
noun: necessity, plural noun: necessities
- 1. the fact of being required or indispensable:
the necessity of providing parental guidance should be apparent
the necessity for law and order
- 2. unavoidability:
the necessity of growing old
- 3. a state of things or circumstances enforcing a certain course:
created more by necessity than design
- 4. an indispensable thing:
a good book is a necessity when traveling
- 5. the principle according to which something must be so, by virtue either of logic or of natural law.
- 6. a condition that cannot be otherwise, or a statement asserting this.
給您參考： The family is in great necessity. 這家庭很窮 Necessity當’窮困’解釋時是不可數。當’必需品...
The English rule that consideration is necessary for a valid simple contract is unnecessary and undesirable. 英國 法中 "有效的 簡約需要 合情合理” 是不必要 也不應有的. If French and Germany law can get on perfectly well without it, there...
There is no necessity for you to consult with him 在文法觀念上for you為何會擺在此位置?? for you...to consult with him. 是否等於To consult with him is no necessity for you. 文法上There不可作為虛主詞, 所以不全等 不過意思上是一樣...