- make ineffective; nullify；make (a clause, sentence, or proposition) negative in meaning.
verb: negate, 3rd person present: negates, gerund or present participle: negating, past tense: negated, past participle: negated
- 1. make ineffective; nullify alcohol negates the effects of the drug 同義詞 invalidate, nullify, render null and void, render invalid, make ineffective, ... 更多反義詞 confirm, support, validate
- 2. make (a clause, sentence, or proposition) negative in meaning.
- 3. deny the existence of negating the political nature of education 同義詞 deny, dispute, call into question, contradict, refute, ... 更多反義詞 confirm, ratify
- nullify; make ineffective: alcohol negates the effects of the drug
Oxford American Dictionary