- make ineffective; nullify；make (a clause, sentence, or proposition) negative in meaning.
verb: negate, 3rd person present: negates, gerund or present participle: negating, past tense: negated, past participle: negated
- 1. make ineffective; nullify:
alcohol negates the effects of the drug
- 2. make (a clause, sentence, or proposition) negative in meaning.
- 3. deny the existence of:
negating the political nature of education
- v.nullify; make ineffective:
- alcohol negates the effects of the drug
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...下面例句均是英語網站的語句) 1. 如用動詞片語形態：negate oneself (negate: 否定 / oneself: 自己，"...論點不通 ... this, their behavior becomes self-negating: they never disagree with meaningful ... 他們的行為變成是自我...
Is it necessary to negate a person completely just because he has made a mistake? Is it... that human beings all make mistakes and not negating a person completely just because he has made mistakes'...
...gt;(1,2,Null)=F,Not False,Un=not un; (2)negate the NOT(not)(refers to (1A)---------------------------->un (3)...