- make ineffective; nullify；make (a clause, sentence, or proposition) negative in meaning.
verb: negate, 3rd person present: negates, gerund or present participle: negating, past tense: negated, past participle: negated
- 1. make ineffective; nullify alcohol negates the effects of the drug 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. make (a clause, sentence, or proposition) negative in meaning.
- 3. deny the existence of negating the political nature of education 同義詞 反義詞
- nullify; make ineffective: alcohol negates the effects of the drug
Oxford American Dictionary