- obtain or bring about by discussion；try to reach an agreement or compromise by discussion
verb: negotiate, 3rd person present: negotiates, gerund or present participle: negotiating, past tense: negotiated, past participle: negotiated
- 1. obtain or bring about by discussion he negotiated a new contract with the sellers 同義詞
- ▪ try to reach an agreement or compromise by discussion they refused to negotiate with the rebels 同義詞
- 2. find a way over or through (an obstacle or difficult route) she cautiously negotiated the hairpin bend 同義詞
- 3. transfer (a cheque, bill, or other document) to the legal ownership of another person, who thus becomes entitled to any benefit.
- ▪ convert (a cheque) into cash or notes.