- obtain or bring about by discussion；try to reach an agreement or compromise by discussion with others
verb: negotiate, 3rd person present: negotiates, gerund or present participle: negotiating, past tense: negotiated, past participle: negotiated
- 1. obtain or bring about by discussion he negotiated a new contract with the sellers 同義詞
- ▪ try to reach an agreement or compromise by discussion with others his government's willingness to negotiate 同義詞
- 2. find a way over or through (an obstacle or difficult path) there was a puddle to be negotiated 同義詞
- 3. transfer (a check, bill, or other document) to the legal ownership of another person.
- ▪ convert (a check) into cash.
- obtain or bring about by discussion: he negotiated a new contract with the sellers