- a district or community within a town or city；the area surrounding a particular place, person, or object
noun: neighbourhood, plural noun: neighbourhoods
- 1. a district or community within a town or city she lived in a wealthy neighbourhood of Boston 同義詞
- ▪ the area surrounding a particular place, person, or object he was reluctant to leave the neighbourhood of London 同義詞
- ▪ neighbourly feeling or conduct the importance of neighbourhood to old people
- 2. the set of points whose distance from a given point is less than (or less than or equal to) some value.