- a person who has recently arrived in a place；a novice in a particular activity or situation
noun: newcomer, plural noun: newcomers
- 1. a person who has recently arrived in a place:
she's a newcomer to the area
- 2. a novice in a particular activity or situation:
a newcomer to federal politics
Hill, one of England's relative newcomers, gave them the lead
- n.a person or thing that has recently arrived in a place or joined a group:
- she's a newcomer to the area
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
... the development of mechanisms that speed up the integration of newcomers and ease the departure of old-time residents(Fellin&Litwak...
...freshman是指大一新生，或者是剛入國會的議員。 比較妥當的用法，應該說是"newcomer"（新來的）。 參考看看囉。如果還有其他問題，也歡迎隨時補充囉。祝您...
Morning everyone, i'm XXX, the newcomer Instructions and guidance are always welcome. (外國人很少說類似這樣...