- equivalent to the product of three and three; one more than eight, or one less than ten; 9；a group or unit of nine individuals.
noun: nine, plural noun: nines
- 1. equivalent to the product of three and three; one more than eight, or one less than ten; 9 nine of the twelve members all nine justices agreed that the law could not stand
- ▪ a group or unit of nine individuals.
- ▪ nine years old I was only nine
- ▪ nine o'clock it's ten to nine
- ▪ a size of garment or other merchandise denoted by nine.
- ▪ a playing card with nine pips.
- ▪ the nine Muses.
dressed up to the nines : If you're 'dressed to the nines...得漂漂亮亮、光鮮亮麗，叫做”dressed up to the nines”。有人考證，說nines其實是eyes古字變音，但考古學...
...改序數的幾個特例就是 one=>firsttwo=>secondthree=>thirdfive=>fifth nine=>ninth這些是習慣的問題,必須熟記,如果要探究其原因,可以歸類為發音...
nine and half thousand是等於9,500嗎 ? 是的, 口語上可以這樣說. 不過, 9,500的正式說法是: nine thousand five hundred (注意: 中間不需要加and) 跳位時可加and: 9,005 : nine thousand and five 9,012 : nine thousand and twelve