- constituting number nine in a sequence; 9th；the ninth finisher or position in a race or competition
noun: ninth, plural noun: ninths
- 1. constituting number nine in a sequence; 9th the ninth century the ninth of March
- ▪ the ninth finisher or position in a race or competition he came in ninth
- ▪ an interval spanning nine consecutive notes in a diatonic scale.
- ▪ the note which is higher by a ninth than the tonic of a diatonic scale or root of a chord.
- ▪ a chord in which the ninth note of the scale forms an important component.
- 2. each of nine equal parts into which something is or may be divided.
dressed up to the nines : If you're 'dressed to the nines...得漂漂亮亮、光鮮亮麗，叫做”dressed up to the nines”。有人考證，說nines其實是eyes古字變音，但考古學...
...改序數的幾個特例就是 one=>firsttwo=>secondthree=>thirdfive=>fifth nine=>ninth這些是習慣的問題,必須熟記,如果要探究其原因,可以歸類為發音...
nine and half thousand是等於9,500嗎 ? 是的, 口語上可以這樣說. 不過, 9,500的正式說法是: nine thousand five hundred (注意: 中間不需要加and) 跳位時可加and: 9,005 : nine thousand and five 9,012 : nine thousand and twelve