- a child；pliers, pincers, or a similar tool for gripping or cutting
noun: nipper, plural noun: nippers
- 1. informal a child I was force-fed vegetables as a nipper
- 2. pliers, pincers, or a similar tool for gripping or cutting using a pair of nippers you can chip away at the tiles
- ▪ the grasping claw of a crab or lobster.
- 3. an insect or other creature that nips or bites mosquitoes must be some of the most voracious nippers ever created
- 4. Australian a burrowing marine prawn used as fishing bait.
- 5. Australian a junior lifeguard.
- a child, especially a small boy: I was force-fed vegetables as a nipper
Oxford American Dictionary