- conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected；(of a person) physically and mentally healthy
- the usual, average, or typical state or condition；a person who is conventional or healthy.
noun: normal, plural noun: normals
- 1. conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food normal working hours 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a person) physically and mentally healthy until her accident Louise had been a perfectly normal little girl many previously normal people exhibit psychotic symptoms after a few nights without sleep 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. technical (of a line, ray, or other linear feature) intersecting a given line or surface at right angles a single plane of symmetry with a diad axis normal to it
- 3. (of a salt solution) containing the same salt concentration as the blood dilute the stock solution with sterile water or normal saline
- ▪ dated (of a solution) containing one gram-equivalent of solute per liter.
- 4. denoting a fault or faulting in which a relative downward movement occurred in the strata situated on the upper side of the fault plane.
- 1. the usual, average, or typical state or condition her temperature was above normal the service will be back to normal next week
- ▪ informal a person who is conventional or healthy.
- 2. technical a line at right angles to a given line or surface the view is along the normal to the surface