- a conception of or belief about something；an impulse or desire, especially one of a whimsical kind
noun: notion, plural noun: notions
- 1. a conception of or belief about something children have different notions about the roles of their parents I had no notion of what her words meant 同義詞
- 2. an impulse or desire, especially one of a whimsical kind she had a notion to ring her friend at work 同義詞
- 3. North American items used in sewing, such as buttons, pins, and hooks.
- a conception of or belief about something: children have different notions about the roles of their parents I had no notion of what her words meant
Oxford American Dictionary
notion (n) 字構--not知，知道+ion 行為，結果 源義: 認知...概念;想法;見解[(+of)] [that], [+wh-] ex: I have no notion of what it means. (我不知道這意味著什麼...meditation 意為概念，印象，見解時的同義字: concept, notion, idea,thought, abstraction, belief, opinion, conjecture, apprehension...
"The very notion" means "just the concept itself" [單是概念本身] "the...
...為 Mahan was a founding father of geopolitics, in particular the notion that geography—poring over maps—should inform foreign policy more...