- at the present time or moment；at the time directly following the present moment; immediately
- as a consequence of the fact
- fashionable or up to date
- 1. at the present time or moment where are you living now? it's the most popular style of jazz right now 同義詞
- ▪ at the time directly following the present moment; immediately if we leave now we can be home by ten I'd rather do it now than leave it till later 同義詞
- ▪ under the present circumstances; as a result of something that has recently happened it is now clear that we should not pursue this policy I didn't receive the letter, but it hardly matters now
- ▪ on this further occasion, typically as the latest in a series of annoying situations or events what do you want now?
- ▪ used to emphasize a particular length of time they've been married four years now
- ▪ (in a narrative or account of past events) at the time spoken of or referred to she was nineteen now, and she was alone it had happened three times now
- 2. used, especially in conversation, to draw attention to a particular statement or point in a narrative now, my first impulse was to run away I don't like Scotch. Now, if it had been Irish Whiskey you'd offered me
- 3. used in or as a request, instruction, or question, typically to give a slight emphasis to one's words we can hardly send her back, now can we? run along now
- ▪ used when pausing or considering one's next words let me see now, oh yes, I remember
- 4. used at the end of an ironic question echoing a previous statement “Mom says for you to give me some of your stamps.” “Does she now?”
- 1. as a consequence of the fact they spent a lot of time together now that he had retired now that you mention it, I haven't seen her around for ages
- 1. informal fashionable or up to date seventies disco dancing—very now
now (可放句首、句尾、be動詞之後或一般動詞之前) 1. now (現在的狀態) : 用現在式 Now I’m 20...: I’m just coming. = I’m now coming. 我現在就過來。 2. just = very recently (離...
now 是時間副詞..習慣性應該是放句尾... 但在一本書上..看到有這樣的句子.. It is now summer vacation. 在這句子中..now 是放在is 的後面... 那如果...句子中出現了動詞...
...，有＂立刻＂、＂馬上＂、＂正在＂等等意思，rught here, 正在這裡，right now則是馬上。以上的right用法為副詞，有強調動作的意思，例如：他在這裡。...