- a second in command；a person or thing ranked second in ability or size.
noun: number two, plural noun: number twos
- 1. a second in command he is currently number two at the Department of Employment
- ▪ a person or thing ranked second in ability or size.
- 2. used euphemistically to refer to faeces.
- 3. the second shortest men's cropped haircut produced with electric hair clippers.
- IPA[ˌnəmbər ˈto͞o]
- a second in command: my conscientious number two in the task force
Oxford American Dictionary