- a person trained to care for the sick or infirm, especially in a hospital.；a person employed or trained to take charge of young children
- give medical and other attention to (a sick person)；care for the sick and infirm, especially as a profession
verb: nurse, 3rd person present: nurses, gerund or present participle: nursing, past tense: nursed, past participle: nursed
- 1. a person trained to care for the sick or infirm, especially in a hospital.
- 2. a person employed or trained to take charge of young children:
her mother's old nurse
- 3. a wet nurse.
- 4. a tree or crop planted as a shelter to others.
- 5. a worker bee, ant, or other social insect, caring for a young brood.
- 1. give medical and other attention to (a sick person):
she nursed the girl through a dangerous illness
- 2. care for the sick and infirm, especially as a profession:
she nursed at the hospital for thirty years
- 3. try to cure or alleviate (an injury, injured part, or illness) by treating it carefully and protectively:
he has been nursing a cold
he nursed his hurt pride
- 4. hold closely and carefully or caressingly:
he nursed his small case on his lap
- 5. hold (a cup or glass) in one's hands, drinking from it occasionally:
I nursed a double brandy
- 6. harbor (a belief or feeling), especially for a long time:
I still nurse anger and resentment
- 7. take special care of, especially to promote development or well-being:
our political unity needs to be protected and nursed
- 8. feed (a baby) at the breast:
the women nursed their babies
lionesses who were nursing their own cubs
- 9. be fed at the breast:
the baby snuffled as he nursed
- 10. be brought up in (a specified condition):
he was nursed in the lap of plenty
- 11. try to play strokes which keep (the balls) close together.
......... forensic nurse examiner 是啥板不知道 但是 forensic nurse 是一種新興職業的職稱... Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN) 的官方網站: http://www.iafn.org/ 2009-04-16 00:14...
在那邊的居民都需要長期的護士照顧 例如 行動不便 服務的人從小孩到老人都有 18歲以上可以完全交給一個護士負責人照顧他 在美國規定 每天24小時都要有至少一個有護士執照的人在nursing home負責看護
對！nurse 就是護士，不分男女，不過因為女護士比較多，所以有的時候講男護士會在前面加一個 male → male nurse，表達更清楚些。「nurse」這個字完全不帶歧視的意味！當然現代人喜歡咬文嚼字...