- require or compel (someone) to undertake a legal or moral duty；commit (assets) as security
- restricted to a particular function or mode of life
verb: obligate, 3rd person present: obligates, gerund or present participle: obligating, past tense: obligated, past participle: obligated
- 1. require or compel (someone) to undertake a legal or moral duty the medical establishment is obligated to take action in the best interest of the public
- 2. US commit (assets) as security the money must be obligated within 30 days
- 1. restricted to a particular function or mode of life an obligate intracellular parasite the lynx is an obligate carnivore
obligate:使某人負法律上的則任與履行義務(比較法律用字) ex:You are obligatedto fulfill your contract. oblige:意味最弱的用語,比較常用來指內部的動機,像...
...to bind legally or morally 法律上或道德上的約束力. 2. I felt obligated to finish the project even though I could have exercised my option...
...you purchased a license to the Software will Licensor be obligated to honor this warranty. 只要你在保証期間將你所有之軟體問題通知權責廠商...