- the action of obstructing or the state of being obstructed；a thing that impedes or prevents passage or progress; an obstacle or blockage
noun: obstruction, plural noun: obstructions
- 1. the action of obstructing or the state of being obstructed walkers could proceed with the minimum of obstruction they faced obstruction in carrying out their research
- ▪ a thing that impedes or prevents passage or progress; an obstacle or blockage the tractor hit an obstruction
- ▪ (in various sports) the action of unlawfully obstructing a player in the opposing team.
- ▪ blockage of a bodily passageway, as the intestines they presented with severe intestinal obstruction
- ▪ the action of deliberately hindering a legal process he was charged with obstruction of a police officer in the execution of his duty