- a breach of a law or rule; an illegal act；a thing that constitutes a violation of what is judged to be right or natural
noun: offence, plural noun: offences
- 1. a breach of a law or rule; an illegal act the new offence of obtaining property by deception 同義詞
- ▪ a thing that constitutes a violation of what is judged to be right or natural the outcome is an offence to basic justice 同義詞
- 2. annoyance or resentment brought about by a perceived insult to or disregard for oneself he made it clear he'd taken offence I didn't intend to give offence 同義詞
- 3. the action of attacking someone or something reductions in strategic offence arsenals 同義詞
- ▪ North American the attacking team or players in a sport, especially in American football he is a wide receiver, playing on offense
- do not be offended
- an offence within the scope of a summary court.
- an offence for which there is a fixed mandatory penalty or which carries a sentence of at least ...
- an offence regarded as justifiable or deserving of special consideration because of its ... possession of a firearm as a political offence was not subject to the extradition laws