- a room, set of rooms, or building used as a place for commercial, professional, or bureaucratic work；the local center of a large business
noun: office, plural noun: offices
- 1. a room, set of rooms, or building used as a place for commercial, professional, or bureaucratic work:
an office job
computers first appeared in offices in the late 1970s
- 2. the local center of a large business:
a company that has four U.S. and four European offices
- 3. a room, department, or building used to provide a particular service:
a ticket office
a Post Office
- 4. the consulting room of a professional person:
a patient walks in to a doctor's office
- 5. a position of authority or service, typically one of a public nature:
the office of attorney general
- 6. tenure of an official position, especially a government position:
a year ago, when the President took office
he was ejected from office in 1988
- 7. the quarters, staff, or collective authority of a particular government department or agency:
the Foreign Office
- 8. a service or kindness done for another person or group of people:
rescued through the good offices of the Italian Ambassador, he was returned safely to England
- 9. a duty attaching to one's position; a task or function:
the offices of a nurse
- 10. the series of services of prayers and psalms said (or chanted) daily by Roman Catholic priests, members of religious orders, and other clergy.
- 11. a prayer service conducted daily as part of the Divine Office:
the noon office
雖然大家都說 head office 跟 main office 可以通用 但其實是有那麼一點差別的 head office 有全球性的意味...在台灣有設五個辦公室,而主要的在台北 那我們就可以叫台北這個辦事處 main office in Taiwan 或 Taiwan Main Office 等於是*台灣...
post是郵政, post office是進行postal affairs(郵政上的事務)的地方. 亦即: post = postal affairs...大寫, 簡稱P.O. 如果要用postal, 你要寫成複合名詞形式的postal affair office 或釋義形式的 office for postal affairs, 但這些都不是機構名稱了. 沒有...
Office practice辦公室習慣/流程 Safe Office practice安全的辦公室習慣...