- a room, set of rooms, or building used as a place for commercial, professional, or bureaucratic work；the local center of a large business
noun: office, plural noun: offices
- 1. a room, set of rooms, or building used as a place for commercial, professional, or bureaucratic work an office job computers first appeared in offices in the late 1970s 同義詞
- ▪ the local center of a large business a company that has four U.S. and four European offices 同義詞
- ▪ a room, department, or building used to provide a particular service a ticket office a Post Office
- ▪ North American the consulting room of a professional person a patient walks in to a doctor's office
- 2. a position of authority or service, typically one of a public nature the office of attorney general 同義詞
- ▪ tenure of an official position, especially a government position a year ago, when the President took office he was ejected from office in 1988
- ▪ the quarters, staff, or collective authority of a particular government department or agency the Foreign Office
- 3. a service or kindness done for another person or group of people rescued through the good offices of the Italian Ambassador, he was returned safely to England 同義詞
- ▪ dated a duty attaching to one's position; a task or function the offices of a nurse 同義詞
- 4. the series of services of prayers and psalms said (or chanted) daily by Roman Catholic priests, members of religious orders, and other clergy.
- ▪ a prayer service conducted daily as part of the Divine Office the noon office
雖然大家都說 head office 跟 main office 可以通用 但其實是有那麼一點差別的 head office 有全球性的意味...在台灣有設五個辦公室,而主要的在台北 那我們就可以叫台北這個辦事處 main office in Taiwan 或 Taiwan Main Office 等於是*台灣...
post是郵政, post office是進行postal affairs(郵政上的事務)的地方. 亦即: post = postal affairs...大寫, 簡稱P.O. 如果要用postal, 你要寫成複合名詞形式的postal affair office 或釋義形式的 office for postal affairs, 但這些都不是機構名稱了. 沒有...
Office practice辦公室習慣/流程 Safe Office practice安全的辦公室習慣...