- a viscous liquid derived from petroleum, especially for use as a fuel or lubricant.；petroleum
- lubricate, coat, or impregnate with oil；supply with oil as fuel
noun: oil, plural noun: oils
verb: oil, 3rd person present: oils, gerund or present participle: oiling, past tense: oiled, past participle: oiled
- 1. a viscous liquid derived from petroleum, especially for use as a fuel or lubricant.
- 2. petroleum:
400 birds were coated with oil which spilled out from an opened valve
the oil industry
- 3. any of various thick, viscous, typically flammable liquids that are insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents and are obtained from animals or plants:
potatoes fried in vegetable oil
- 4. a liquid preparation used on the hair or skin as a cosmetic:
- 5. any of a group of natural esters of glycerol and various fatty acids, which are liquid at room temperature.
- 6. oil paint:
a portrait in oils
- 1. lubricate, coat, or impregnate with oil:
I'll oil that gate for you tomorrow
lightly oil the pan
- 2. supply with oil as fuel:
attempts should not be made to oil individual tanks too rapidly
Oil finished means: the paint or the coating on the instrument is oil based paint or coating. As you know, water and oil don't mix, so it tries to tell you not to apply to watered ...
oiling-off 的定義大致有兩種第一種定義比較屬於專業用語，請見下述字典註解（palimpsest... offThe process of coating the grain surface of a wet leather with oil before drying. ＝趁著濕潤的（or潮濕的）皮革（or皮革類製品）還沒乾的...
Usually, we see "light crude oil" and "heavy crude oil". The difference between them is...light crude oil. Now, you know what "light" means. "tight oil" is often used to refer to rock formations that do contain...