- IPA[ˈwən ˈˌwā]
- moving or allowing movement in one direction only；(of a road or system of roads) along which traffic may pass in one direction only.
- 1. moving or allowing movement in one direction only a one-way valve
- ▪ (of a road or system of roads) along which traffic may pass in one direction only.
- ▪ (of a ticket) allowing a person to travel to a place but not back again.
- ▪ (of glass or a mirror) seen as a mirror from one side but transparent from the other.
- ▪ denoting a relationship in which all the action or contribution of a particular kind comes from only one member interaction between the organism and the environment is not a one-way process