- (of a task, duty, or responsibility) involving an amount of effort and difficulty that is oppressively burdensome；involving heavy obligations
- 1. (of a task, duty, or responsibility) involving an amount of effort and difficulty that is oppressively burdensome he found his duties increasingly onerous
- ▪ involving heavy obligations an onerous lease
- (of a task or responsibility) involving a great deal of effort, trouble, or difficulty: he found his duties increasingly onerous
1. Though the schoolwork is onerous, I still go jogging for half an hour every day. 2. Though ...
... Enter a Graduate School” Facing onerous duties and homework in secondary school life, I can’t do much thing, which...
... the documentation to apply for the funds was particularly onerous, reducing the significance and impact of the award. 雖然此一金額對專案支出...