- a fierce or destructive attack；a large quantity of people or things that is difficult to cope with
noun: onslaught, plural noun: onslaughts
- 1. a fierce or destructive attack:
a series of onslaughts on the citadel
- 2. a large quantity of people or things that is difficult to cope with:
an onslaught of electronic mail
- n.a fierce or destructive attack:
- a series of onslaughts on the citadel
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
... TROUNCE Spain 5-1 - CBSSports.com Scoring Onslaught Does In Defending Champions - New York...
... weapons); "the attack began at dawn" [syn: attack, onslaught, onrush]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=on-set
... the arrival of mittens and mufflers comes the inevitable onslaught of year-in-review columns. Certainly there have been plenty of...