- (of a person) control the functioning of (a machine, process, or system)；(of a machine, process, or system) function in a specified manner
verb: operate, 3rd person present: operates, gerund or present participle: operating, past tense: operated, past participle: operated
- 1. (of a person) control the functioning of (a machine, process, or system) a shortage of workers to operate new machines 同義詞
- ▪ (of a machine, process, or system) function in a specified manner market forces were allowed to operate freely 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ be in effect there is a powerful law that operates in politics
- ▪ (of a person or organization) manage and run (a business) many foreign companies operate factories in the U.S 同義詞
- ▪ (of an organization) be managed and run in a specified way neither company had operated within the terms of its charter
- ▪ (of an armed force) conduct military activities in a specified area or from a specified base the mountain bases from which the guerrillas were operating
- 2. perform a surgical operation surgeons operated on on his jaw yesterday morning doctors refused to operate because of the risks involved 同義詞
Operating這個字是由operate來的,是動詞.動手術或開刀都是用這個字. Operating...=theater名詞,如果單獨一個字是劇場,戲院之意.要解釋為手術室時前面一定要用operating. Operating theatre=operating room=surgical operation 在醫院...
你查的沒錯，operate 當做「手術」時，operate on 後面接「人」。這題考的正是這個 operate 的用法...了（ by 醫生）的片語，原本主動完成式說法是： The doctor has operated on him for appendicitis. （因盲腸炎，醫生已經給他做了手術...
...perform an operation" and "perform a surgery". If you want to say "operate...", usually I heard/read in the context of "operate on the patient...