- exploiting immediate opportunities, especially regardless of planning or principle；(of a plant or animal) able to spread quickly in a previously unexploited habitat
- 1. exploiting immediate opportunities, especially regardless of planning or principle an opportunistic political lightweight
- ▪ (of a plant or animal) able to spread quickly in a previously unexploited habitat opportunistic populations colonizing new substrates
- ▪ (of a microorganism or an infection caused by it) affecting patients only or chiefly when the immune system is depressed.
- exploiting chances offered by immediate circumstances without reference to a general plan or ... the change was cynical and opportunistic
Oxford American Dictionary
... become less stronger than before. So I use a opportunistic way to face the later English tests, and I pay less...
You'd better stop being an opportunist. You had better give up the opportunistic mindset.
.... (利用時機謀取私利) speculate; seize a chance to seek private gain; be opportunistic: 投機革命 join the revolution in order to seek personal gains 2. (見解相同) congenial...