- resistance or dissent, expressed in action or argument；a group of opponents, especially in sport, business, or politics
noun: opposition, plural noun: oppositions
- 1. resistance or dissent, expressed in action or argument there was considerable opposition to the proposal 同義詞
- ▪ a group of opponents, especially in sport, business, or politics the home team made short work of the opposition 同義詞
- ▪ British the principal parliamentary party opposed to that in office the leader of the Opposition
- ▪ the apparent position of two celestial objects that are directly opposite each other in the sky, especially the position of a planet when opposite the sun.
- 2. a contrast or antithesis a nature–culture opposition the opposition between practical and poetic language 同義詞