- prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority；the state of being subject to oppressive treatment
noun: oppression, plural noun: oppressions
- 1. prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority:
a region shattered by oppression and killing
- 2. the state of being subject to oppressive treatment:
a response to collective poverty and oppression
- 3. mental pressure or distress:
Beatrice's mood had initially been alarm and a sense of oppression
- n.prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control:
- a region shattered by oppression and killing
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...change) are hampered by(the efforts of internalized oppression). 然而, 仍然女性為尋求改變所做的努力仍受到傳統內化壓抑的阻礙. 第二句的...
... will be placed on the impact of human diversity, discrimination and oppression on the individual’s ability to reach or maintain optimal health and well-being...
比較常見的用法是 China's diplomatic oppression of Taiwan (外交上的排擠) 其他應該還有 不過一下子想不起來 2012-08...