- inflicting harsh and authoritarian treatment；weighing heavily on the mind or spirits
- 1. inflicting harsh and authoritarian treatment an oppressive dictatorship 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ weighing heavily on the mind or spirits the offices present an oppressive atmosphere 同義詞
- 2. (of weather) close and sultry the day was sunless and oppressive 同義詞 反義詞
- unjustly inflicting hardship and constraint, especially on a minority or other subordinate group: an oppressive dictatorship
Oxford American Dictionary
oppressive unhappy vexed
...其實，我不是一個很強勢的人。 In fact, I'm not a very oppressive person. In fact, I'm not a very domineering person. ...
...general endorsement of it as a worthwhile , stable institution to widespread censure of it as an oppressive and bankrupt one whose dissolution was both imminent and welcome. 1960 年代...