- the action of ordaining someone in holy orders；a ceremony in which someone is ordained
noun: ordination, plural noun: ordinations
- 1. the action of ordaining someone in holy orders the ordination of women
- ▪ a ceremony in which someone is ordained they travel to Exeter for an ordination
- 2. a statistical technique in which data from a large number of sites or populations are represented as points in a multidimensional space.
- 3. literary the action of decreeing or ordaining.
- the action of ordaining or conferring holy orders on someone: the ordination of women
Oxford American Dictionary