- a line or set of lines enclosing or indicating the shape of an object in a sketch or diagram；the contours or bounds of an object
- draw, trace, or define the outer edge or shape of；give a summary of
noun: outline, plural noun: outlines
verb: outline, 3rd person present: outlines, gerund or present participle: outlining, past tense: outlined, past participle: outlined
- 1. a line or set of lines enclosing or indicating the shape of an object in a sketch or diagram:
the chalked outline of a human body
- 2. the contours or bounds of an object:
the outlines of dockside warehouses standing sharp on the skyline
- 3. a representation of a word in shorthand.
- 4. a general description or plan showing the essential features of something but not the detail:
an outline of parliamentary procedure
an outline proposal
- 1. draw, trace, or define the outer edge or shape of:
her eyes were darkly outlined with kohl
- 2. give a summary of:
she outlined the case briefly
in broad terms
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- n.a line or set of lines enclosing or indicating the shape of an object in a sketch or diagram:
- fill in the outlines with color
- v.draw, trace, or define the outer edge or shape of (something):
- her large eyes were darkly outlined with eyeliner
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
版主你好， 【Outline for My Career Plan】 Career Goal： 生涯...
1. 一篇英文文章的outline大綱 要怎麼去寫? 這篇文章主要是在說三種差勁的駕駛人。第一種駕駛，不管...
1. You can start with writing why we need to create a foreigner-friendly environment first? ex: It is an international society and the world is shrinking due to the modern technology and faster transportation. 2. Then how can we creat it: ex: some...