- the external side or surface of something；the part of a path nearer to a road or further from a wall.
- situated on or near the exterior or external surface of something；(in soccer and other sports) denoting positions nearer to the sides of the field
- situated or moving beyond the boundaries or confines of；not being a member of (a particular group)
- not within the boundaries or confines of a place；moving so as to end up beyond the boundaries or confines of a place
noun: outside, plural noun: outsides
- 1. the external side or surface of something record the date on the outside of the file 同義詞 outer/external surface, surface, exterior, outer side, case, ... 更多反義詞 inside
- ▪ the part of a path nearer to a road or further from a wall.
- ▪ the side of a bend or curve where the edge or surface is longer in extent. 同義詞 outer/longer edge, edge, the long way round反義詞 inside
- ▪ the outer sheets of a ream of paper.
- 2. the external appearance of someone or something was he as straight as he appeared on the outside?
- 1. situated on or near the exterior or external surface of something Anne put the outside lights on 同義詞 exterior, external, outer, outermost, outward, ... 更多反義詞 inside
- ▪ (in soccer and other sports) denoting positions nearer to the sides of the field he played at outside left
- 2. not belonging to or coming from within a particular group the use of outside contractors will speed up the process 同義詞 independent, consultant, consulting, hired, temporary, ... 更多
- ▪ beyond one's own immediate personal concerns I was able to face the outside world again
- 1. situated or moving beyond the boundaries or confines of there was a boy outside the door Vincennes is just outside Paris
- ▪ not being a member of (a particular group) critics outside the government
- ▪ (in soccer, rugby, and other sports) closer to the side of the field than (another player) Swift appeared outside him with the powerful Fallon overlapping on his left
- 2. beyond the limits or scope of the switchboard is not staffed outside normal office hours
- 1. not within the boundaries or confines of a place the dog was still barking outside
- ▪ moving so as to end up beyond the boundaries or confines of a place we ran outside