over the top
- IPA[ˌōvər T͟Hə ˈtäp]
- to an excessive or exaggerated degree；over the parapet of a trench and into battle
- excessive or exaggerated
- 1. informal to an excessive or exaggerated degree some performances go over the top
- 2. historical over the parapet of a trench and into battle I'll be in the trench with you chaps when you go over the top
- 1. excessive or exaggerated failed, over-the-top attempts at humor his reactions had been a bit over the top
- to an excessive or exaggerated degree: some performances go over the top
- excessive or exaggerated: failed, over-the-top attempts at humour his reactions had been a bit over the top
went over the top是常用的成語，意思是「超乎尋常」。這裏是說賓士車行的服務人員超常地殷勤...或頂多提供一輛同型的小車代步。另外還有一個形容服務周到的成語是﹕bend over backwards顧名思義這個動作非常人所能勝任，所以這句話形容的人是...
Nope - "over the top" means exceeding the normal range. For example, Her...dress is way over the top = 她穿得太過了 (太辣?) Anyway, "over the top" is never a compliment at all.
Over the top mid bursting gas and tear shells to storm the fortified ...村落上空,內部充滿催淚瓦斯的砲彈如暴雨般猛擊. 2010-10-10 14:18:08 補充： 1.over the top: 在上空 2.mid bursting gas and tear shells: 內部充滿催淚氣體的...