- extend over so as to cover partly；cover part of the same area of interest, responsibility, etc.
- a part or amount which overlaps；a common area of interest, responsibility, etc.
verb: overlap, 3rd person present: overlaps, gerund or present participle: overlapping, past tense: overlapped, past participle: overlapped
noun: overlap, plural noun: overlaps
- 1. extend over so as to cover partly the canopy overlaps the house roof at one end the curtains overlap at the center when closed
- ▪ cover part of the same area of interest, responsibility, etc. their duties sometimes overlapped
- ▪ partly coincide in time two new series overlapped
- 1. a part or amount which overlaps an overlap of about half an inch
- ▪ a common area of interest, responsibility, etc. there are many overlaps between the approaches there is some overlap in requirements
- ▪ a period of time in which two events or activities happen together an overlap of shifts