- cover the surface of (something) with a coating；lie on top of
- something laid as a covering over something else；a transparency placed over artwork or something such as a map, marked with additional information or detail
noun: overlay, plural noun: overlays
verb: overlay, 3rd person present: overlays, gerund or present participle: overlaying, past tense: overlaid, past participle: overlaid
- 1. cover the surface of (something) with a coating their fingernails were overlaid with silver or gold
- ▪ lie on top of a third screen which will overlay the others
- 2. (of a quality or feeling) become more prominent than (a previous quality or feeling) his openness had been overlaid by his new self-confidence
- 1. something laid as a covering over something else a durable, cost-effective floor overlay
- ▪ a transparency placed over artwork or something such as a map, marked with additional information or detail full-color aerial photographs with overlays showing suggested routes
- ▪ a graphical computer display which can be superimposed on another.
- 2. the process of transferring a block of program code or other data into internal memory, replacing what is already stored.
- ▪ a block of code or other data transferred during the overlay process.
這是電腦相關的語句，不能直接翻 第1句是 譯：在什麼樣的情況下會需要Overlay Program（又稱為Dynamic Loading) Overlay一般譯成...
急！！！！ 誰可以幫幫我翻譯下面英文句子？ “Describe a scenario, in which Intersect is preferred over Union for an overlay operation.” 屬於gis的相關內容！?
...in which Intersect is preferred over Union for an overlay operation.” 屬於gis的相關內容 試譯如下，請参考！ 描述一個場景，貫通其中...
A stratum overlain by a thick layer of mud 並不是一個完整句子（沒有動詞） 或許可加入如...a stratum is found. overlie是及物動詞........ 如果用 is overlying 會不會有現在進行的意含在？ 學淺，請指教謝謝！