- tower above and cast a shadow over；cast gloom over
verb: overshadow, 3rd person present: overshadows, gerund or present participle: overshadowing, past tense: overshadowed, past participle: overshadowed
- 1. tower above and cast a shadow over an enormous oak tree stood overshadowing the cottage 同義詞
- ▪ cast gloom over it is easy to let this feeling of tragedy overshadow his story 同義詞
- 2. appear more prominent or important than his competitive nature often overshadows the other qualities
- ▪ be more impressive or successful than (another person) he was always overshadowed by his brilliant elder brother 同義詞
- tower above and cast a shadow over: an enormous oak tree stood overshadowing the cottage
Oxford American Dictionary
1. overshadow就跟字面上的意思一樣, 被影子給蓋過 The initial cost overshadows the ROI. 應該是說 投資利潤的好處被一開始的花費給蓋過了. 2.stool...
High- end 高級~高價位it's overshadowed by IBM in high-end corporate computing.在高價位企業電腦方面則被IBM蓋過~這邊是在說Hewlett-Packard嗎~Eason??
...更新 annex 附加 narrow 狹窄 snow 下雪 appendix 附錄 perplex 使困惑 sorrow悲傷 overshadow 遮暗 strew 撒 散落 overthrow 打倒 throw 投,擲,拋 view 觀看;查看 window 開窗...