- catch up with and pass while travelling in the same direction；become greater or more successful than
verb: overtake, 3rd person present: overtakes, gerund or present participle: overtaking, past tense: overtook, past participle: overtaken
- 1. British catch up with and pass while travelling in the same direction her car overtook a line of vehicles he overtook in the face of oncoming traffic 同義詞
- ▪ become greater or more successful than Germany rapidly overtook Britain in industrial output 同義詞
- 2. (especially of misfortune) come suddenly or unexpectedly upon disaster overtook the town in 1296
- ▪ (of a feeling) affect (someone) suddenly and powerfully weariness overtook him and he retired to bed 同義詞
- catch up with and pass while traveling in the same direction: her car overtook a line of vehicles he overtook in the face of oncoming traffic
Oxford American Dictionary
超車 = Overtake a car I will overtake a car if it goes too slow. 如果有車開太慢時我會超車。
... feelings of inferiority or becomes "speeder" and overtakes order siblings. 改進自卑的感覺或成為快速行動跟過度命令兄弟姐妹的...
You'll keep abreast of fashion,if you'd overtake it,and then you'll be a wellcome person. Don't forget to learn more something special, and then you'll set the fashion.Don't hesitate to do this,and you'll be a fashionmoner.Try to bring it into fashion!!!