- remove forcibly from power；put an end to (something) by the use of force
- a removal from power；(in cricket, baseball, and other games) a throw which sends a ball past its intended recipient or target.
noun: overthrow, plural noun: overthrows
verb: overthrow, 3rd person present: overthrows, gerund or present participle: overthrowing, past tense: overthrew, past participle: overthrown
- 1. remove forcibly from power military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King 同義詞
- ▪ put an end to (something) by the use of force their subversive activities are calculated to overthrow parliamentary democracy
- ▪ archaic knock or throw to the ground one who is already prostrate cannot be overthrown
- 2. throw (a ball) further than the intended distance he grips the ball too tight and overthrows it
- ▪ North American throw a ball beyond (a receiving player) Dodge overthrew a receiver in the end zone
- 1. a removal from power plotting the overthrow of the government 同義詞
- 2. (in cricket, baseball, and other games) a throw which sends a ball past its intended recipient or target.
- ▪ a score made because the ball has been overthrown his throw missed the stumps and went for four overthrows
- 3. a panel of decorated wrought-iron work above an arch or gateway.
- remove forcibly from power: military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King
- a removal from power; a defeat or downfall: plotting the overthrow of the government
Oxford American Dictionary
...who his critics say has mounted a dtermined effort to overthrow the leader). 請注意你提供的句子並不是(完整)句子喔,括號部分是形容詞喔,那...
... he did for our nation at least many. Some people want to overthrow him, But those want to overthrow him of the persons can...
...作品的篇幅長短必須列入其優劣的考量， which it will be the office of this age to overthrow-- 而這就像是此一時代的舊有體制，將遭到變革顛覆。 I do not suppose...