- remove forcibly from power；put an end to (something) by the use of force
- a removal from power；(in cricket, baseball, and other games) a throw which sends a ball past its intended recipient or target.
verb: overthrow, 3rd person present: overthrows, gerund or present participle: overthrowing, past tense: overthrew, past participle: overthrown
noun: overthrow, plural noun: overthrows
- 1. remove forcibly from power military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King 同義詞
- ▪ put an end to (something) by the use of force their subversive activities are calculated to overthrow parliamentary democracy
- ▪ archaic knock or throw to the ground one who is already prostrate cannot be overthrown
- 2. throw (a ball) further than the intended distance he grips the ball too tight and overthrows it
- ▪ North American throw a ball beyond (a receiving player) Dodge overthrew a receiver in the end zone
- 1. a removal from power plotting the overthrow of the government 同義詞
- 2. (in cricket, baseball, and other games) a throw which sends a ball past its intended recipient or target.
- ▪ a score made because the ball has been overthrown his throw missed the stumps and went for four overthrows
- 3. a panel of decorated wrought-iron work above an arch or gateway.
- remove forcibly from power: military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King
- a removal from power; a defeat or downfall: plotting the overthrow of the government
Oxford American Dictionary
...who his critics say has mounted a dtermined effort to overthrow the leader). 請注意你提供的句子並不是(完整)句子喔,括號部分是形容詞喔,那...
...作品的篇幅長短必須列入其優劣的考量， which it will be the office of this age to overthrow-- 而這就像是此一時代的舊有體制，將遭到變革顛覆。 I do not suppose...
... he did for our nation at least many. Some people want to overthrow him, But those want to overthrow him of the persons can...