- tip (something) over so that it is on its side or upside down；turn over and come to rest upside down
- an act of overturning something.；the occasional (typically twice yearly) mixing of the water of a thermally stratified lake.
verb: overturn, 3rd person present: overturns, gerund or present participle: overturning, past tense: overturned, past participle: overturned
- 1. tip (something) over so that it is on its side or upside down:
the crowd proceeded to overturn cars and set them on fire
- 2. turn over and come to rest upside down:
a coach hit a car and overturned
- 3. abolish, invalidate, or reverse (a previous system, decision, situation, etc.):
the results overturned previous findings
he fought for eight years to overturn a conviction for armed robbery
- 1. an act of overturning something.
- 2. the occasional (typically twice yearly) mixing of the water of a thermally stratified lake.
- v.tip (something) over so that it is on its side or upside down:
- the crowd proceeded to overturn cars and set them on fire
- n.an act of turning over or upsetting something; a revolution, subversion, or reversal.
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
有一個動詞是spill或你講的多可以 我不小心打翻他的餅乾盒。 I spill his cake box carelessly. 希望這些對你有幫助!!!! 2008-10-29 20:03:47 補充： 這個也可以 overturn 我如果有查到其他會在補充的 ^^
...覆巢之下無完卵」較為字面的翻譯為下：No eggs stay intact under an overturned nest.When the nest is overturned there will be no eggs...
...麼東西,或是什麼啦之類的,然後後面就+幾個例子之類的或者你造句也可以 1.overturning overturning is to turn over or to make it up side down. 2.ridiculous...