- bury or drown beneath a huge mass of something, especially water；give too much of something to; inundate
verb: overwhelm, 3rd person present: overwhelms, gerund or present participle: overwhelming, past tense: overwhelmed, past participle: overwhelmed
- 1. bury or drown beneath a huge mass of something, especially water floodwaters overwhelmed hundreds of houses 同義詞
- ▪ give too much of something to; inundate they were overwhelmed by farewell messages
- 2. have a strong emotional effect on I was overwhelmed with guilt 同義詞
- 3. defeat completely the Irish side was overwhelmed 15–3 by Scotland 同義詞
- ▪ be too strong for; overpower the Stilton doesn't overwhelm the flavour of the trout
- bury or drown beneath a huge mass: the water flowed through to overwhelm the whole dam and the village beneath
Oxford American Dictionary
憨婷： 若您要的只是overwhelm當「壓倒」時的例句，以下是我從Dr.eye譯典通翻譯軟體找到的例句...http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/ 2. 請在左上角的框框輸入overwhelm，然後按Search。 3. 然後您就會得到以下的例句(中文是我自己翻的...
...must have finally become a Brit, as I find the amazing alcohol overwhelming." she said. "There were a few big blockbuster, late-harvest style...
overwhelming你可能會認為只有 "壓倒性" 的意思, 其實它還有一個意思是指 "感情...