- a single step taken when walking or running；a unit of length representing the distance between two successive steps in walking.
- walk at a steady and consistent speed, especially back and forth and as an expression of one's anxiety or annoyance；measure (a distance) by walking it and counting the number of steps taken
noun: pace, plural noun: paces
- 1. a single step taken when walking or running Kirov stepped back a pace 同義詞
- ▪ a unit of length representing the distance between two successive steps in walking.
- ▪ a gait of a horse or other animal, especially one of the recognized trained gaits of a horse.
- ▪ literary a person's manner of walking or running I steal with quiet pace 同義詞
- 2. consistent and continuous speed in walking, running, or moving most traffic moved at the pace of the riverboat walking at a comfortably fast pace 同義詞
- ▪ the speed or rate at which something happens, changes, or develops the children work separately in the classroom at their own pace the poor neighborhoods fester at an increasingly rapid pace
- 1. walk at a steady and consistent speed, especially back and forth and as an expression of one's anxiety or annoyance we paced up and down in exasperation she had been pacing the room
- ▪ measure (a distance) by walking it and counting the number of steps taken I paced out the dimensions of my new home
- ▪ lead (another runner in a race) in order to establish a competitive speed Morales paced us for four miles
- ▪ do something at a slow and steady rate or speed in order to avoid overexerting oneself Frank was pacing himself for the long night and day ahead
- ▪ move or develop (something) at a particular rate or speed the action is paced to the beat of a perky march our fast-paced daily lives
- ▪ (of a horse) move in a distinctive lateral gait in which both legs on the same side are lifted together, seen mostly in specially bred or trained horses.
這邊的 for a pace 如果要翻譯成中文的話就是 --->>> "緩慢的" bumped along...旁邊緩慢的顛簸著 **如果前面再加個 "ready" 就會不一樣 ready for a pace --->>> 準備加速 2006-07-16 01:15:39 補充： to 樓下的冰颯,照前後句...
...rate has fallen to 7.6 percent from 8.1 percent, and the average monthly pace of payroll gains has risen to 194,000 in the past six ...
1. pace (vt) 踱步於... 例 : pace the floor/room/corridor 2. parapet (n.) (1) (陽臺、橋邊...