- a paper or cardboard container, typically one in which goods are packed to be sold；the contents of a packet
- make up into or wrap up in a packet
noun: packet, plural noun: packets
- 1. a paper or cardboard container, typically one in which goods are packed to be sold sow seeds 2 to 3 inches apart or as recommended on the seed packets 同義詞
- ▪ the contents of a packet he smoked a packet of cigarettes a day
- ▪ South African a plastic bag with handles, especially one supplied by a store to carry goods purchased there reusable alternatives will be available to encourage customers to stop using the packets
- 2. a block of data transmitted across a network.
- 3. British informal a large sum of money a hectic social life could cost a packet 同義詞
- 4. dated a ship traveling at regular intervals between two ports, originally for the conveyance of mail.
- 1. make up into or wrap up in a packet I grew my own sunflowers and packeted the seeds packeted fruit pies