- (of a member of an organization) having paid all the necessary subscriptions in full；firmly committed to an organization or cause
- 1. (of a member of an organization) having paid all the necessary subscriptions in full a paid-up member of the club
- ▪ firmly committed to an organization or cause a fully paid-up Green
- 2. denoting the part of the subscribed capital of an undertaking which has actually been paid paid-up capital
- ▪ denoting an endowment policy in which the policyholder has stopped paying premiums, resulting in the surrender value being used to purchase a single-premium whole-life assurance.
- (of a member of an organization, especially a labor union) having paid the necessary dues in full.
Oxford American Dictionary