- a wooden stake or post used with others to form a fence.；a conceptual boundary
noun: pale, plural noun: pales
- 1. a wooden stake or post used with others to form a fence. 同義詞
- ▪ a conceptual boundary bring these things back within the pale of decency 同義詞
- 2. historical an area within determined bounds, or subject to a particular jurisdiction.
- ▪ another term for English Pale
- ▪ the areas of Russia to which Jewish residence was formerly restricted.
- 3. a broad vertical stripe down the middle of a shield.