- a container made of metal and used for cooking food in；an amount of something contained in a pan
- criticize (someone or something) severely；wash gravel in a pan to separate out (gold)
verb: pan, 3rd person present: pans, gerund or present participle: panning, past tense: panned, past participle: panned
noun: pan, plural noun: pans
- 1. a container made of metal and used for cooking food in heat the olive oil in a heavy pan 同義詞
- ▪ an amount of something contained in a pan a pan of hot water
- ▪ a bowl fitted at either end of a balance, in which items to be weighed are set she sifted flour onto the wide brass pan of the scales
- ▪ a large container used in a technical or manufacturing process for subjecting a material to heat or a mechanical or chemical process.
- ▪ another term for steel drum
- ▪ a shallow bowl in which gold is separated from gravel and mud by agitation and washing he washed the gold-free surface gravel out over the rim of the pan
- ▪ a part of the lock that held the priming in old types of guns prime the pan, pour the powder down the barrel, then ram in the cartridge's paper and ball
- 2. a hard stratum of compacted soil. 同義詞
- 3. US informal a person's face.
- 4. a hollow in the ground in which water may collect or in which a deposit of salt remains after water has evaporated. 同義詞
- 1. informal criticize (someone or something) severely the movie was panned by the critics 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. wash gravel in a pan to separate out (gold) the old-timers panned gold prospectors panned for gold in the Yukon 同義詞