- material manufactured in thin sheets from the pulp of wood or other fibrous substances, used for writing, drawing, or printing on, or as wrapping material；wallpaper
- apply wallpaper to (a wall or room)；cover a hole or blemish with wallpaper
noun: paper, plural noun: papers
verb: paper, 3rd person present: papers, gerund or present participle: papering, past tense: papered, past participle: papered
- 1. material manufactured in thin sheets from the pulp of wood or other fibrous substances, used for writing, drawing, or printing on, or as wrapping material a sheet of paper a paper bag 同義詞
- ▪ wallpaper the walls were damp—paper hung away in long strips 同義詞
- ▪ short for cigarette paper
- 2. a piece or sheet of paper with something written or drawn on it he riffled through the papers on his desk
- ▪ a newspaper the story made the front page of the local paper 同義詞
- ▪ significant or important documents belonging to a person the personal papers of major political figures 同義詞
- ▪ documents attesting identity; credentials two men stopped us and asked us for our papers 同義詞
- ▪ a government report or policy document a recently leaked cabinet paper 同義詞
- ▪ denoting something that is officially documented but has no real existence a paper profit
- 3. an essay or thesis, especially one read at an academic lecture or seminar or published in an academic journal he published a highly original paper on pattern formation 同義詞
- 4. theatrical slang free passes of admission to a theater or other entertainment.
- 1. apply wallpaper to (a wall or room) the walls were papered in a Regency stripe
- ▪ cover a hole or blemish with wallpaper interior panels can be of fairly basic wood that will be papered over
- ▪ disguise an awkward problem instead of resolving it the ill feeling between her and Jenny must have been papered over
- 2. theatrical slang fill (a theater) by giving out free tickets surely the theater could at least have papered the house if the box office was looking so poor
Paper Chase是一位哈佛大學法律研究所的研究生John Jay Osborn, Jr在1970年代...與加州柏克萊大學法律研究所教書。 這本書在1973年在忠實保持原著內容的情況下被拍成電影，片名仍然是”Paper Chase” 這部影片在台灣譯名為「力爭上游」、香港譯為「平步青雲」，大陸盜版的DVD譯為...
跟據這句話:With his free hand he tore a match from the paper safe------(他以另一隻手從paper safe撕下一根火柴-----)這裏的paper safe 指的應該...