- a thick, soft, moist substance typically produced by mixing dry ingredients with a liquid；a paste used as an adhesive, especially for sticking paper
- coat with paste；fasten or stick (something) with paste
verb: paste, 3rd person present: pastes, gerund or present participle: pasting, past tense: pasted, past participle: pasted
- 1. a thick, soft, moist substance typically produced by mixing dry ingredients with a liquid blend onions, sugar, and oil to a paste 同義詞
- ▪ a paste used as an adhesive, especially for sticking paper wallpaper paste 同義詞
- ▪ a savoury spread salmon paste 同義詞
- ▪ a mixture consisting mainly of clay and water that is used in making ceramic ware, especially a mixture of low plasticity based on kaolin for making porcelain.
- ▪ a hard vitreous composition used in making imitation gems paste brooches
- 1. coat with paste when coating walls with fabric, paste the wall, not the fabric
- ▪ fasten or stick (something) with paste the posters were pasted up on to street noticeboards
- ▪ insert (a piece of text or other data copied from elsewhere).
- 2. informal beat or defeat severely he pasted the guy and tied his ankles together